Outdoor Loudspeaker Series
For a well known pro audio brand we developed a passive loudspeakers series with small to midsize ranged models made out of plastic.
- The designer provided a surface model which we turned into a solid model
- Construction of the cabinets including for example the grill, braces, assembly details, draft angles
- The goal was a 90% detail level for tooling process, the last few percent should be done by the supplier
- All the models had been in house 3D printed,
- Crossovers and cabinets had been assembled to be ready to use for acoustic approval at costumer site
- Beside functional prototypes also various design prototypes had been printed
- Tuning the passive crossovers, taking also into account producibility, cost and performance
- Documentation of possibilities to make the customer able to change for example the timbre of the sound
- Power tests for specifying the dimensions of the parts including failure behaviour
- Klippel laser tests to optimise the transducers
- BEM simulation of the waveguides for the dome tweeter to achieve constant directivity
More projects will soon be shown here.